1. Most Chinese dragons do not have wings. Right or wrong? Right
2. A griffin (gryphon) is part eagle, part horse. Right or wrong? Wrong. It is part eagle, part lion.
3. A wyvern (wivern) is a type of dragon with a serpent's tail and four legs. Right or wrong? Wrong, it has only two legs.
4. A lung is a Chinese dragon with five claws on each foot. Right or wrong? Right.
5. Which area of the world do trolls live in? (a) Transylvania, (b) Pennsylvania, (c) Scandinavia. (c) Scandinavia.
6. Leprechauns are fairy shoemakers who live in (a) Ireland, (c) South Africa, (c) the islands of the south Pacific Ocean? (a) Ireland.
7. 'Glamour' is a word we use to describe a person's beauty. The word comes from an old Scottish word meaning fairy magic. Right or wrong? Right.
8. Goblins are really very pleasant beings, in spite of their reputation. Right or wrong? Wrong. They are always up to mischief and nasty tricks.
9. Unicorns are not mythical creatures. They were a type of deer which once roamed the forests of northern Europe, but are now extinct because humans eventually killed them all. Right or wrong? Wrong.
10. King Arthur's magical sword was called (a) Excelsior, (b) Excalibur, (c) Elsinore? (b) Excalibur.
All Sorts 3 Answers
Back to All Sorts opening page
Back to main Menu