CASTLES & KNIGHTS
1. A gauntlet in a suit of armour was a type of (c) glove
2. What was a moat? (c) a trench round a castle, filled with water.
3. What did a knight do with his visor? (b) wear it on his head.
4. What was a battlement? (c) a protective wall with openings, around the top of a castle.
5. A scabbard was used by a knight to carry his (b) sword.
6. A rampart was (b) a wall or bank built around a protected area.
7. Mail was something a knight (a) wore to protect himself, sometimes called chain-mail
8. If you study heraldry, you are interested in (c) coats of arms
9. In a castle, what was a loophole? (c) a small gap or window in a wall.
10. What was a quiver? (a) a sheath for carrying arrows.
Back to All Sorts Quiz 2
Back to All Sorts opening page
Back to main Menu